Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mat-Su Valley

On the advice of my hostel roommate (Julie Groce -- a former ESL instructor who has worked in UAE, China and Japan), I decided to change my plans from visiting Portage Glacier to instead checking out the Glenn Highway (AK 1) and the Mat-Su Valley. I'm really glad I took her advice, because the drive down was absolutely amazing and well worth a day.

It seemed like every twist of the road came with a new, stunningly beautiful vista. I kept almost swerving off the road, which would have truly sucked as the drops were incredibly steep mere inches from the edge of the roadway.

I am very much digging Alaska. :)



Hiking to Matanuska Glacier.


Matanuska Glacier.





Beware of moose signage. So true, as I nearly hit several on this road.





My humble steed.

No comments:

Post a Comment